(Up to resume)
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Extremely creative solutions in HW and SW
- Embedded controller design and software
- Realtime programming C and assm, drivers, interrupts
- Handhelds, VB under Win CE and .net
- Laser scanner HW/SW design, Microscan and Intermec
- Test Engineer, qual test, prod line test fixtures ATE Trace
- Design and prototyping w/logic, analog, processors
- RF design to 500MHz (some)
- Design for EMI/ESD immunity, sensors in industrial envir.
- Optoelectronic sensor design for industrial apps
- Qual test products, IEC rf/emi immunity, CE/UL safety
- Enclosure human factors (museum exhibit designs)
- Analog interfacing micros
- Proto shop, enclosure fab, lathe, drillpress, etc.
- PCB Design and Fab, PC CAD, Schematic CAD
- Apps: PADS, Orcad, Autocad 9 (schematic), PADS pcb, Tango PCB, pSpice, excel
- Master-class debugger, maintain sci. research insts. wo/schematics
- Troubleshoot to component level, analog/digital/micros/AV/Power-RF/Research inst.
- All test equip: picoamp-Kamps, uV to 500KV, DC-500MHz
- High Voltage & electrostat. design and troubleshooting
- Small project management, team lead new products & custom mods
- Customer interface, debugging at field sites
- FMECA, marg. analysis, component internal physics, statistics
- Embedded systems programming, C and Assy, realtime & interrupt-driven
- Device drivers in assembler
- Comm stacks, IRda
- Portables, VB under Win CE and .net
- Numerical simulation of mechanical systems
- PC: high level and systems programming in C, some C++
- Languages: C, VB, BS basic, Forth, Fortran
- Assembler: Hitachi 8 & 32, Microchip, Motorola 68000, 650X, 680X, 8085
- PC: C, MS-DOS, C/Windows,
- Creating novel concepts and designs for science museum exhibit devices.
- Use of custom electronics, computer, video, and AV devices for
interpreting science and technology ideas to the public.
- Originating new methods for explaining physical science concepts.
- Design and fabrication of physical science educational devices
- Physics explainer
- Amateur inventor: inventions
- Artist w/Freehand and Adobe Illustrator
- Proto machine shop: Lathe, bandsaw, drillpress,etc.
- Lecturer on physics misconceptions and novel approaches to understanding
- Technical Writer, Technical Trainer
- Science textbook consultant
- Department supervisor
Created and maintained by Bill Beaty.
Mail me at
View My Stats