(Up to resume')
- 01 - pres, RESEARCH ENGINEER, CHEMISTRY DEPT., U. OF WASHINGTON, SEATTLE WA 98195
Research instrumentation design consultant, high voltage, power RF,
- 97 - 01
, HW/SW ENGINEER, MICROSCAN SYSTEMS INC., RENTON WA 98055
Design engineering of laser barcode readers for MS9, MS820, MS850, MS860,
Realtime Embedded programming in Hitachi H8/300 assembler
and C language. Design of PCBs for power/comm/logic interface and EMI/ESD
suppression. IrDA design; integrated commercial IrDA stack for field-
programmed sensors via PDA. Created/maintained inhouse webpages.
- 97 - 99, Physics Lecturer at various workshops and
Univ. Dallas C3P project, '99 BC Homeschool Conference, '99 Exotic
Research Conference Phoenix AZ.
- 11/93-12/97, DESIGN ENGINEER,
GROUP, EVERETT, WA 98203
- Project team leader in ISO-9001 environment. Performed design
engineering for numerous
optosensor products (Zero Pressure Accum. sensor network, "Prism" line,
"Comet" longrange thru-beam, E-51, E-58)
Redesigned PCBs for harsh EMI conditions.
Wrote motor ctrl & data collection software for custom automatic
wafer tester. Performed full qualification testing on new products.
Founded a corporate inhouse WWW site and wrote html and Unix scripts.
Built engineering prototypes.
Organized and maintained the engineering dept. equipment
inventory, calibration, and parts inventory.
- 3/91-2/93, CO-OWNER AND DEVICE DESIGNER, TEKNOS INC. SEATTLE, WA 98103
- Co-manager of a consensus based design firm. Designed and fabricated many science
exhibit devices and controllers: computer-scanned proximity sensor matching
games, maglev track, electric 'cannon car' w/embedded CPU for motion control,
ramped-on-off projector lamp preserver, & outreach electricity kit with
electronic devices to make electricity flow visible. Built 100 KV Tesla
coil for commercial lightning photography. Designed PC computer-based fiber
optic stepper motor shutter system. Extensive design and programming with
Motorola 8-bit embedded controllers, HW interfacing, assy. lang. routines
for realtime high speed control, and product and software documentation.
Extensive use of digital and analog design, schematic CAD, computer
interfaces, PCB design and CAD, desktop PCB fab, component level debug,
board stuffing, soldering, and wire wrap. Installed and repaired office
- 9/89-3/91, CONCEPTS FORMULATION, DINAMATION INT'L INC.,
- Designed and built interactive museum exhibits in water physics,
electricity, and light. Designed electricity education and science ed.
products for Dinamation's school outreach programs. Designed and built
interfaces from PC-AT to robotic dinosaurs. Wrote PC software for robot
sequencer programming and motion editing. Designed the computer, motion
control, power, audio, and drive subsystems for Giant Earthquake table
exhibit, Giant Shark Robot, Giant Whale Robot, interactive water
fountain, 'Frozen Water' LED strobe fountain, and Giant Spectrum Projector
exhibits. Tech writing: Created artwork, exhibit labels, and product manuals
using Mac software. Performed PCB design and fab. Repaired computers, motion controls.
- ELECTRICAL ENGINEER, MUSEUM OF SCIENCE,
BOSTON, MA 02114
- Conceived, designed, and built many custom electronic and computer
devices for explaining science to the public. Created interactive devices
for exhibits on Robotics & AI, Electricity hall interactives, Chaos &
Fractals, Newtonian Mechanics, 3-D Display Technology, and Telecomm Tech.
Extensive use of interactive concepts, TTL, CMOS, and analog circuit
design and fabrication, triac power control, computer interfacing,
systems programming in assembler, AV Systems Integration, and PC
design & fab. Wrote numerous articles on new methods for explaining
physics to the public. Gave outside lectures, wrote lecture handouts.
- Part-time science textbook consultant for various publishers:
- Silver-Burdette-Ginn SCIENCE textbook series, Holt-Rinehart-
Winston HOLT SCIENCE textbook series, Harcourt-Brace-Jovanovich
LINCOLN HOMEWORK ENCYCLOPEDIA. Consultant on Robert Gardner ELECTRICITY.
- Lecturer on electricity misconceptions and teaching at:
- Massachusetts area science teaching (MAST) conventions, workshops, and
schools. Wrote numerous short articles on physics misconceptions as
- ELECTRONICS DEPT. HEAD,
MUSEUM OF SCIENCE, BOSTON, MA 02114
- Ran the museum's Electronics department w/three techs, one
work included electronics design and fab for new exhibits, exhibit lighting,
component level repair of electronic and mechanical exhibits, video, audio,
and computer debugging, and systems programming of PC, Apple, Wang, and
DG-Eclipse computers. Systems integration and programming of computer-
based map/data-base exhibit, RF-cued theatrical lighting and sound control
computer. Concepts, design, and fab of numerous devices for an exhibit
- ELECTRICAL ENGINEER, SYKES DATATRONICS, ROCHESTER, NY
- Redesigned HW and wrote embedded SW for "Callscan" phoneline
activity recorder. Designed I/F modules and wrote SW for TRACE ATE system.
Inspected new PCBs and ordered reworks. Wrote EPROM monitors for new
products. Wrote troubleshooting procedures for installation manuals.
Wrote SW in assembler for Z-80, 6502, and 6809. Some BASIC and FORTH.
- RESEARCH. ASST., UR CENTER FOR VISUAL SCI., ROCHESTER, NY 14627
- Designed, built, & wrote all SW for a CPU-based vision test system
for Retinitis screening. Designed complex waveform synthesizer boards for
portable computers. Wrote much SW for interactive data gathering in
vision research. Calibrated research equipment. Built equipment from
- INSTALLER/REPAIR, NYS BELL TELEPHONE CO., ELMIRA, NY
- Part time summer job as "the telephone man."
Mail me at: