Subject: volunteer needed

From: ning <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 22:45:46 -0400

Dear all,

My name is Ning Sa and I'm a PhD student of Informatics Department at
University at Albany, SUNY. My doctoral dissertation is about voice search.
I'm now running an online survey as preliminary work of my dissertation. It
will be very appreciated if you can spend about 10 minutes to do the
survey. The study is IRB approved. The survey url can be found from the
recruitment letter below.

Thank you very much!
Best Regards
Ning Sa

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr./Ms.,

I’m writing this letter to invite you to participate in *our study of “the
usage of voice search”*. The purpose of this study is to understand the
usage of current online voice search systems.

We are recruiting participants to fill out an online survey which takes
about 10 minutes to complete. *Participants should be familiar with online
search, age of 18 and above.* Your participation will be voluntary. What we
learn from the study will be used for better system design. There are no
known risks if you decide to participate in this research study. This
survey is anonymous.

If you are interested in participating, please follow the link below

*http://goo.gl/forms/6ZVR78wp8a <http://goo.gl/forms/6ZVR78wp8a>*

If you have any question, please contact *Ning Sa via e-mail at *
[email-masked]* <[email-masked]>

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

Sincerely,

Xiaojun Yuan

Assistant Professor

Department of Informatics, College of Engineering and Applied Sciences

University at Albany, State University of New York

Ning Sa

PhD Candidate

Department of Informatics, College of Engineering and Applied Sciences

University at Albany, State University of New York

---

From: brian whatcott <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 23:03:04 -0500

Well! It's been so long since I recall a note from webhead - which used 
to be a lively place
  touching on museums n stuff!

Brian w

On 10/6/2015 9:45 PM, ning wrote:
> University at Albany, SUNY. My doctoral dissertation is about voice 
> search. I'm now running an online survey as preliminary work of my 
> dissertation. It will be very appreciated if you can spend about 10 
> minutes to do the survey. The study is IRB approved. The survey url 
> can be found from the recruitment letter below.
>
> Thank you very much!
> Best Regards
> Ning Sa
>
> I’m writing this letter to invite you to participate in *our study of 
> “the usage of voice search”*. The purpose of this study is to 
> understand the usage of current online voice search systems.
>
> We are recruiting participants to fill out an online survey which 
> takes about 10 minutes to complete. *Participants should be familiar 
> with online search, age of 18 and above.* Your participation will be 
> voluntary. What we learn from the study will be used for better system 
> design. There are no known risks if you decide to participate in this 
> research study. This survey is anonymous.
>
> *http://goo.gl/forms/6ZVR78wp8a***
>
> If you have any question, please contact *Ning Sa via e-mail at 
> [email-masked]* <mailto:[email-masked]>
>

---

From: brian whatcott <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 10:18:20 -0500

Would you like responses from people using a regular text and image search?

Brian