Subject: [Fwd: [rete] (CORRECT VERSION:) Representing contemporary medical science and technology in museums, Copenhagen, 16-18 September, 2010 (2nd call)]

From: Brian Whatcott <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 10:51:51 -0600

FYI

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[rete] (CORRECT VERSION:) Representing contemporary medical 
science and technology in museums, Copenhagen, 16-18 September, 2010 
(2nd call)
Date: 	Thu, 25 Feb 2010 14:00:43 +0100
From: 	Thomas Söderqvist <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: 	[email-masked]
To: 	[email-masked] <[email-masked]>

[I apologize for a corrupt link in the last message. Here's a correct 
version:]
 
Dear rete subscribers:
 
This is the second and last reminder for the15th biannual conference of 
the European Association of Museums for the History of Medical Sciences 
(EAMHMS) to be held in Copenhagen, 16-18 September, 2010.

The theme of this year's conference is the challenge to museums posed by 
contemporary developments in medical science and technology.

How do museums today handle the material and visual heritage of 
contemporary medical and health science and technology? How do curators 
wield the increasing amount and kinds of more or less intangible 
scientific and digital objects? Which intellectual, conceptual, and 
practical questions does this challenge give rise to?

Read the full call here: http://tinyurl.com/ylx5atx.

Further information here: http://www.mm.ku.dk/sker/eamhms.asp.

Send proposals for presentations, panels etc. to [email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]>, not later than 22 March.

Program committee:
Ken Arnold, Wellcome Collection, London
Robert Bud, Science Museum, London
Judy Chelnick, National Museum of American History, Washington, D.C.
Mieneke te Hennepe, Boerhaave Museum, Leiden
Thomas Soderqvist, Medical Museion, University of Copenhagen (chair).
 
Thomas Soderqvist
Professor in History of Medicine
Director, Medical Museion, University of Copenhagen
+45 2875 3801; [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>; 
www.corporeality.net/museion <http://www.corporeality.net/museion>