Subject: Re: Meeting in San Francisco

From: William Beaty <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2019 05:09:58 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019, Kirsten McGregor wrote:

> The weather is hot, it's getting into the 100'.  Bring your swim 
> trunks.

Must remember: swimming pool physics demos underwater music w/rocks, also 
pool-noodle Faraday waves.

In the mean time:

    Gerald Pollack lecture: "The Ills of Science"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz0bC_4_xLo

He's our competition.  But his I.V.S. funding approach doesn't work for 
any discoveries which appear flaky to everyone, but actually aren't, or 
for actively-suppressed discoveries which must be kept under-the-radar 
until complete and working.  (In his talk, Pollack doesn't list those two 
reasons for blocking of discoveries.)

>> On Jun 12, 2019, at 11:38 AM, William Beaty <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>>> On Tue, 4 Jun 2019, Kirsten McGregor wrote:
>>> Right now we have a meeting scheduled for June 17th from 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM in San Francisco.  Tom and Hunter are booking their flights today or tomorrow (I hope).  I know that Tom spoke with you this evening.  This is a fast moving train, can you make it down?  At the same time we can visit Ananda.  If you can't, then we can connect you via their video conferencing.  Please let me know.
>>
>>
>> Sounds good, I have a ticket for Saturday arrive noon, Delta:
>>
>> Sat, 15JUN    DEPART        ARRIVE
>> DELTA 5784*    SEATTLE        SACRAMENTO, CA
>>            9:20am        11:21am
>>
>> Mon, 17JUN    DEPART        ARRIVE
>> DELTA 5713*    SACRAMENTO        SEATTLE
>>            3:50pm        5:53pm
>>
>> *Flight 5784 Operated by COMPASS DBA DELTA CONNECTION
>> *Flight 5713 Operated by COMPASS DBA DELTA CONNECTION
>>
>>
>>
>> (((((((((((((((((( ( (  (   (    (O)    )   )  ) ) )))))))))))))))))))
>> William J. Beaty                            SCIENCE HOBBYIST website
>> billb at amasci com                         http://amasci.com
>> EE/programmer/sci-exhibits   amateur science, hobby projects, sci fair
>> Seattle, WA  206-762-3818    unusual phenomena, tesla coils, weird sci
>

(((((((((((((((((( ( (  (   (    (O)    )   )  ) ) )))))))))))))))))))
William J. Beaty                            SCIENCE HOBBYIST website
billb at amasci com                         http://amasci.com
EE/programmer/sci-exhibits   amateur science, hobby projects, sci fair
Seattle, WA  206-762-3818    unusual phenomena, tesla coils, weird sci

---

From: William Beaty <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 14:40:20 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 18 Jun 2019, Kirsten McGregor wrote:
> The video of Pollack is excellent.  There is some concern that he has the
> exact same concept outlined for energy as our Bluejet and he has attributed
> it to Tesla.  However there is a deviation on the actual device ---what do
> you make of the actual technology he is proposing?

Pollack is local UW.  He's a water-chemist; only knows what the Tesla 
crackpots tell him.

Nobody else has a clue, except for everyone believing in "Free Energy 
devices."  Tesla around ~1935 claimed to have a new energy source, but 
never gave any info about what it was, except to say that it worked even 
at night, that it required a giant power plant to harness it, and that he 
was searching for ways to make a non-giant version.

Here's my own version of a talk:

   "Why are there no new Einsteins?" NPA 2010 Longbeach
   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTcnfFZolsg&t=0m25s

Insight from this AM: supposedly "Mathematicians only succeed when young," 
producing strings of breakthroughs, then get old and do nothing of further 
importance.  Same with physicists, supposedly.

Both are wrong.

Physicists succeed WHILE UNKNOWN NOBODIES, then suddenly the greater 
community puts a halt to their discoveries by promoting them to become 
famous heads of their own labs, giving them a Nobel prize and 
publicity-spotlight, lecture tours and honorary degrees, etc. That's a 
central fact from Toltec: if the "normal" world discovers you and makes 
you any bit a celebrity, then all your altered states will cease, and your 
muses go silent.  So, publish breakthroughs the anonymously, under a 
pseudonym.  Like this:

   "Nicolas" "Bourbaki"
   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolas_Bourbaki

In other words, the gods talk to starving artists (and to unknown mad 
scientists in basement labs.) Not to laboratory heads or to the 
megabuck-grant types in academia bureaucracy.  Why did Einstein stop 
publishing papers in 1906?  Because THEY found out about him, and made him 
quit his boring day-job!  See:

   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annus_Mirabilis_papers

.

.

.

>> He's our competition.  But his I.V.S. funding approach doesn't work 
>> for any discoveries which APPEAR flaky but actually aren't, or for 
>> actively-suppressed discoveries which must be kept under-the-radar
>> until complete and working.  (In his talk, Pollack doesn't list those
>> two reasons as part of the widespread blocking of discoveries.)
>>

---

From: William Beaty <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 17:37:28 -0700 (PDT)

Respond to this (and respond to responses.)

The emails will all go to the whole group.

Corporate parterships?  How about postwar-Japan-style keiretsu (older, 
called "zaibatsu.")

Toyota and Sony are not corporations, they are headless conglomerates of 
smaller corps.   Or there's Samsung, LG, Daewoo, etc., the Korean version, 
each a group of corps controlled by a founding family.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keiretsu#Outside_Japan

I don't know how FTC Regulatory in the USA responds to this sort of thing.

-

On Tue, 18 Jun 2019, William Beaty wrote:

> Insight from this morning: supposedly "Mathematicians only succeed when 
> young," producing strings of breakthroughs, then they get old and do 
> nothing of further importance.  Same with physicists, supposedly?
>
> Both may be wrong.
>
> Instead, physicists succeed WHILE UNKNOWN NOBODIES ...then suddenly the 
> greater community puts a halt to their discoveries by promoting them to 
> become famous heads of their own labs, giving them a Nobel prize and 
> you any bit a celebrity, then all your altered states will cease, and 
> your muses go silent.

> So, publish breakthroughs anonymously, under a pseudonym.  Like these 
> did:
>
>   "Nicolas" "Bourbaki"
> In other words, the gods talk to starving artists (and to unknown mad- 
> scientists in basement labs.)   Not to laboratory-heads or to the 
> publishing papers in 1906?  Because THEY found out about him!  They made 
> him quit his boring day-job at the Swiss patent office.  See:
>

(((((((((((((((( ( (  (   (    (O)    )   )  ) ) ))))))))))))))))
William J. Beaty            http://staff.washington.edu/wbeaty/
beaty, chem washington edu  Research Engineer
billb, amasci com           UW Chem Dept,  Bagley Hall RM74
x3-6195                     Box 351700, Seattle, WA 98195-1700